In celebration of the new Star Wars Trailer we’ve collected some of the funniest Christian Star Wars memes for your delectation.
Yoda reads John 3:16
2. Footprints on Tattoine
3. Singles night at Church
4. Jabba the Hut does apologetics
5. Judas the Sith Lord
6. Pew Pew
7. New part of Bayeux Tapestry revealed
8. Lack of Faith
9. Ewok evangelists
10. And finally, a strange icon, for some, Star Wars really is a religion!
These were inspired by this funny post about 17 problems you had in the 90s that you don’t have now. It got me thinking about being a Christian in the 90s. Here are a few thoughts, feel free to add more in the comments or via Twitter or Facebook.
Submitted by Sammy Carson:
From Gareth Treece via our facebook page:
I just read a post on Rachel Held Evans’ blog about Christians and humour (which is worth a read in its entirety) and saw this GK Chesterton quotation:
This summarises something of the thinking behind this site.
Rachel has a few points in her post:
1. Humour works when it’s directed toward yourself
The vast majority of the jokes on this site are directed at ourselves. A good example is the Socially Awkward Christian Penguin.
2. Humour works when it’s directed toward your own community or culture
And our main culture here is the Church of England in it’s context in England. An example is in this Doctor Who article.
3. Humour works when it’s directed toward the powerful
Have a look at this article about Lord Carey.
4. Humour works when it tears down idols
How about this?
We hope we regularly make you smile but we also hope that sometimes we can be a prophetic voice in the church through our satire.